Monrovia Public Library+ Creative Resistance Network Present
Women’s History Month
We are seeking art to display for a period of two days from March 24 through March 25, 2017 at the Monrovia Public Library. This temporary installation opportunity is to focus on the theme of “Women at Work” and celebrate Women’s history month. The art show will be on March 24 from 6:30pm to 8:30 pm, with art on display the following day. Deadline is March 13th, 2017 (10:59pm Pacific Time).
Art Submission Guidelines
· All art submission requests must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org@gmail.com. All submission requests must be identified with the artist's name, address, email, and phone number. Include a basic description of technique and/or brief description with each art submission request. You may submit scanned photos, original sketches, color copies or mock-ups as attachments to the email.
· PERFORMANCE ART: Performance art will be accepted. Performance submissions should include artist’s name, email, phone number, as well as a description of the performance, measurement of space needed, and technical requirements (sound, etc). There is no stage and the performance will be indoors in the community room.
· If your artwork is selected for the community art show, you will be notified by telephone or email with further information.
· All artwork must be completed and ready before the art display deadlines.
· COLLABORATIVE ARTWORK
o For collaborative projects, it is the responsibility of the submitting artist to obtain permission from each participant prior to submission.
· MULTIPLE SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
o We will accept multiple submissions of artwork but may not choose all pieces for display.