The City of Monrovia would like to invite YOU to attend the Monrovia and Los Angeles County Parks & Recreation Needs Assessment meeting. Two workshops have been scheduled, which will be held on:
- Saturday, January 30, 2016 from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. in the Library Community Room (321 S. Myrtle Avenue)
- Saturday, February 6, 2016 from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. at Fire Station 102 (2055 S. Myrtle Avenue)
The City has recently completed an inventory of existing parks, recreation facilities, and open space, including an assessment of what kind of shape those facilities are in. The next step in the assessment process involves hearing from the community regarding what you would like to see in our parks. A few of the topics that will be discussed at the workshops include:
- The current state of our park and recreation facilities, and open space areas
- Which parks are in need of repair or expansion?
- What type of recreation is most needed?
- Where do we need new parks or recreation facilities?
Working together, the City hopes to create a list of park priorities for our Monrovia. Please note… a continental breakfast will be provided at both meetings, so please make plans to participate!
For more information, please contact the Monrovia Public Services Department at (626) 256-8246.